Informations about the CMBX filename extension and the file formats associated with it
We collected the information you should know about the .cmbx filename on this page. If you were sent a(n) .cmbx file in an e-mail, but you don’t know what to do with it, then you can find help here. We strive to suggest free, open-source applications that are available to everyone for the file formats.
1 filename extension(s) are in our database
.cmbx - SharpDevelop Combine File
The CMBX file is a Development file, which is connected to the SharpDevelop Combine File according to our registry. With the adequate settings, the SharpDevelop Combine File (.cmbx) files can be opened or converted with the help of SharpDevelop.
Important! Programs other than the ones listed above may also use the .cmbx file extension. Even harmful programs can create files with the .cmbx extension to store data in them. Always be careful with .cmbx files coming from unknown sources. Don’t open executable files that arrived in mails, even if you know the sender.
The .cmbx file can’t be opened on your computer?
If the program necessary for opening the .cmbx file is installed properly on your computer, then the quickest and simplest way to open the .cmbx file is to double-click on the file’s name. If that doesn’t work, then the right software probably isn’t installed on your computer.
While opening the .cmbx file, you may receive an error message from the associated application, this can be caused by the following:
- The .cmbx file might have been damaged during download. Try downloading the file again.
- It’s possible that the .cmbx file was created with a newer version of the application. If you’re not using the newest version, then try updating the applicationi.
- The file’s access rights aren’t properly adjusted. Check the file’s access rights.
- Harmful programs may have modified the associations for the filename extensions. Run a virus check on your computer.
- The Windows registry’s database is damaged. With the help of Windows System Restore, you can return to a previous state with system settings that still work.
Incorrectly given .cmbx extension
The .cmbx filename extension can be given incorrectly sometimes. The cause of the error could be a mistake or a simple typo. We found the following incorrectly given filename extensions that are the most frequent in the case of .cmbx files.
cbx, cmx, cmb, ckbx, mbx, cmbd, clbx
Maybe you’re not even looking for the .cmbx file extension?
It’s possible the the file’s extension was given incorrectly. Below, we list some filename extensions that are similar to the .cmbx extension. It’s possible that the one you’re looking for is among them.
- IBM Rational XDE Collaboration File
- Qualcomm Compact Media Extensions
- Cricket Audio XML Bank Description
- Corel Presentations Exchange Document
- MP3 Automagic CD Cover Creator Label
- Eudora Mailbox File
The Windows operating system stores information about the applications associated to the file extensions in the registry database. The associations can be queried or modified in the Command Prompt window with the "assoc" command.
We regularly check all the links on our pages, but it’s possible that a link doesn’t work or it doesn’t point to the correct page. If you found an error on this page, or if you have information that should be here, then don’t hesitate. Write to us and share your useful information.
We gladly accept application suggestions, but our primary goal is to suggest reliable, open-source applications that can be freely distributed to the users.
Protect the trees
If you find the information on our site to be useful, then save our page’s link or add it to your favourites. You can find the up-to-date information here later as well. In the interest of protecting the trees, please don’t print the page’s content onto paper.