Informations about the EMV filename extension and the file formats associated with it
We collected the information you should know about the .emv filename on this page. If you were sent a(n) .emv file in an e-mail, but you don’t know what to do with it, then you can find help here. We strive to suggest free, open-source applications that are available to everyone for the file formats.
1 filename extension(s) are in our database
.emv - LabVIEW EuroMeV Configuration File
The EMV file is a Configuration file, which is connected to the LabView EuroMeV Configuration File according to our registry. With the adequate settings, the LabVIEW EuroMeV Configuration File (.emv) files can be opened or converted with the help of LabView.
- Format description:
- EMV format
- Magic string:
- - / -
- Related links:
LabVIEW on Wikipedia
- Related extensions:
Important! Programs other than the ones listed above may also use the .emv file extension. Even harmful programs can create files with the .emv extension to store data in them. Always be careful with .emv files coming from unknown sources. Don’t open executable files that arrived in mails, even if you know the sender.
The .emv file can’t be opened on your computer?
If the program necessary for opening the .emv file is installed properly on your computer, then the quickest and simplest way to open the .emv file is to double-click on the file’s name. If that doesn’t work, then the right software probably isn’t installed on your computer.
While opening the .emv file, you may receive an error message from the associated application, this can be caused by the following:
- The .emv file might have been damaged during download. Try downloading the file again.
- It’s possible that the .emv file was created with a newer version of the application. If you’re not using the newest version, then try updating the applicationi.
- The file’s access rights aren’t properly adjusted. Check the file’s access rights.
- Harmful programs may have modified the associations for the filename extensions. Run a virus check on your computer.
- The Windows registry’s database is damaged. With the help of Windows System Restore, you can return to a previous state with system settings that still work.
Incorrectly given .emv extension
The .emv filename extension can be given incorrectly sometimes. The cause of the error could be a mistake or a simple typo. We found the following incorrectly given filename extensions that are the most frequent in the case of .emv files.
wmv, dmv, mv, fmv, ev, emg, emd, emb, elv, ehv, smv, mev, evm, env, emf
Maybe you’re not even looking for the .emv file extension?
It’s possible the the file’s extension was given incorrectly. Below, we list some filename extensions that are similar to the .emv extension. It’s possible that the one you’re looking for is among them.
- Adobe Acrobat Parsing Rules
- TIGR MultiExperiment Viewer Format Data
- Broderbund PrintMaster Envelope
- Striata Encrypted E-mail Attachment
- RealMedia Variable Bitrate Video
- EasyHL7 Exported Vendor Definitions
The Windows operating system stores information about the applications associated to the file extensions in the registry database. The associations can be queried or modified in the Command Prompt window with the "assoc" command.
We regularly check all the links on our pages, but it’s possible that a link doesn’t work or it doesn’t point to the correct page. If you found an error on this page, or if you have information that should be here, then don’t hesitate. Write to us and share your useful information.
We gladly accept application suggestions, but our primary goal is to suggest reliable, open-source applications that can be freely distributed to the users.
Protect the trees
If you find the information on our site to be useful, then save our page’s link or add it to your favourites. You can find the up-to-date information here later as well. In the interest of protecting the trees, please don’t print the page’s content onto paper.